Three years ago a group of friends in Albany started meeting once a month in a home. Their dream was to someday start a new church that was open to all people and could help everyone take steps forward in loving Jesus, each other, and the world.
This group began meeting once a month to dream, plan, and encourage each other and soon outgrew the house and began meeting in a hallway at Sage College of Albany.
In 2013, the group took a big leap of faith to purchase equipment to be used for community and church events, hire a small staff, and to launch weekly Sunday services at a rented facility (the Albany Elks Lodge).
The risk has paid off! As more and more people have become a part of the church, we have been able to do many exciting things, including:
- Love Albany: events that help us partner with community groups to do free neighborhood movies, block parties, neighborhood picnics, concerts, and many more events that have helped bring together our community and promote pride in our city.
- Serve Albany: which has helped link hundreds of volunteers to places where they can serve and volunteer in the city of Albany.
- Love the World: which connects many people to our adopted village of Cruz Blanca, Guatemala where we can help kids with nutrition, education, and the love of Jesus through supply drives, trips, and child sponsorship.
- Invite many new friends and neighbors to our Sunday gatherings where they can begin to take their own steps toward loving Jesus, each other, and the world.
- Start multiple community groups where smaller groups of people meet in homes, bars, and restaurants to encourage and learn from each other.
- Most exciting of all, as we see each other take next steps, we see the positive effects in our lives, families, jobs, city, and world. Check out some of the exciting stories happening at Christ’s Church Albany
To this day, we believe that a growing group of people who are actively loving Jesus, each other, and the world can transform our world.
We believe this group is open for everyone, regardless of age, race, beliefs, or past. If you would like to check us out and begin to take your next steps then you are invited.