Join others from Christ’s Church Albany as we take time to learn and focus on Jesus!
This reading plan will take you on a chronological journey through the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) starting on New Year’s Day until Easter Week.
Here are some tips to make the most of this plan:
- Find a place: a comfy chair, car, porch, closet ….
- Pick a time: First thing in the morning, lunch break, before bedtime …
- Three important question to always ask is:
1. What did this mean, look like, smell like 2000 years ago?
2. What questions does this raise?
3. How does this apply to my life now?
- Mark it up! If you are using a paper Bible, take time to underline things that stick out to you or write out questions you have. If you listen or read digitally, you can add notes in a file or in a journal.
- Spend some time talking to God about what you learned, questions you have, and other things on your mind.
- Share what you thought. Take time on Sundays, in your community group, or in normal conversation to share what you read, liked, and thought.
A quiet time can take 10 min or hours. Sometimes one reading may take longer than another or be more meaningful than another. There are other variations, the order is not set.
You can also subscribe to the reading plan calendar by following the link below. Once you are subscribed you will be able to recieve daily redings via email with links to each day’s reading in the event description.
For digital reading we reccomend: