Serve with Albany the Summer
This summer is a great time to get involved and Serve Albany!
Boys and Girls Club
- BGCCA is in need of volunteers who would be available to help with meal assembly and delivery from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday – Friday.
Email Claire at email@example.com
- Looking for some skilled volunteers who might be able to help us with maintaining and repairing our little free libraries, which are curbside ‘take a book/leave a book’ boxes. We currently have 20 of them in the City of Albany and many of them could use some minor repairs such as a door hinge replaced or to be repainted.
Email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Albany County Crime Victim and Sexual Violence Center
- Sexual Assault Hotline Program: Hotline calls can be taken from the volunteers home. There is an emergency room response component to it. Volunteers would need to be able to respond to Albany Medical Center, St. Peter’s Hospital or Albany Medical Center within a 45 min to an hour of receiving a hospital call. Volunteers usually assist nights and weekends.
- Court Advocate Program: Advocates are placed in various courts around Albany County according to availability. Usually it is during normal business hours.
Applications can be found on our website https://www.albanycounty.com/departments/crime-victim-and-sexual-violence-center
- Help with Outdoor lawn care, mowing and gardening at our office in West Sand Lake.
- Email Mary at email@example.com
- Little League, T-ball, and Sandlot Baseball Program.
- Looking for volunteers to act as coaches and assistant coaches Saturday’s 11 -12:30 and 1-3, Tuesdays 6 – 7:30 and Wednesday 6 -8 starting July 11 and running into the Fall.
- Volunteers would have the opportunity to sign-up for both age groups across all three days or as many sessions as they were able. Volunteers do not need extensive knowledge of Baseball, but volunteers with a background in it or experience playing are very much needed. The program will be conducted at the Albany PAL sports complex at 100 Krank St. At the intersection of First Ave.
To volunteer email Joslen at Volunteer@albanypal.org
Literacy Volunteers of Rensselaer County
- Tutoring for adults can happen day, evening, or weekend in a public place and, currently, it’s being done through remote instruction.
- Tutor math and the training for it involves completing two free online classes, a total of 12 hours. An average commitment with an adult math student is 6 months. Most of our learners test below a 4th grade level and need help with fractions.
- Sign up for an info session Tuesday, June 23rd from 5-6 PM (Zoom).
Email Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor A Scholar
- Help develop some digital/video workshops for our mentors on the topics of Privilege, talking with student mentees on Race and Diversity, and Mental Health. The audience would be adult professionals who mentor high school Scholars in our program.
Email Miguel at email@example.com
For other opportunities check out our Facebook group: Serve Albany